Our 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, June 20, at 10am in the Seth Boyden auditorium.
On the last day of school (Wednesday), we will be clapping out the graduating class of 2017. The K-4 teachers, students, and staff members will line the hallways of our school to celebrate and “clap out” our departing students.
The fifth graders and retiring staff members will parade the halls and then leave through the front doors. Parents are invited to line up along the front sidewalk to participate.
A few important things to remember:
- The “clap out” will begin at about 12:35 inside the building. Parents should arrive and line up outside at that time.
- No parents/visitors will be allowed in the building during the clap out. If you choose to participate, please line the front walkway and allow space for the students and teachers to walk through.
- In the event of rain, we will still have the clap out. Parents and visitors will need to remain outside, so bring your umbrellas!
- Once 5th grade students leave the building, they will gather and remain on the front lawn with their teachers until the bell rings at 12:45pm.
- All K-4 students will be dismissed at 12:45 from their usual locations.
We are looking forward to continuing this tradition at Seth Boyden!