Here is the latest from Ann Leeb (email@example.com) and the Special Education PTO. For more information on Special Education services in our district, check out this page:
“New this year… SPED PTO and SEPAC will be working together more closely
Special Education PTO provides parents with tools and information to work collaboratively with the school district, and to be more effective advocates for their children with special educational needs. We generally dedicate the first 45-60 minutes of our monthly meetings to the featured conversation and then open the floor for attendees to ask individual questions, get support, share resources and connect with other members of the special education community. We are a Parenting Center sponsored group.
Each featured topic is our attempt to get those with similar concerns in the same room at the same time but all are always welcome! A representative of SOMA SEPAC (Special Education Parent Advisory Committee) will give a brief update of their organization’s advocacy efforts at each meeting and we will conduct joint SPED PTO/SEPAC meetings at year’s beginning and end.
Questions? Email: Ann Leeb, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us know in advance if you need childcare in order to attend our meetings.
Meetings are on Tuesday evenings (except Monday, November 13th) 7:30-9 PM, District Office, 525 Academy, Maplewood
- September 26 – Joint general meeting SPED PTO and SEPAC
- October 24 – 3rd Annual Special Education Back-School-Night, hosted by the Special Services Department (Location TBA)
- November 13 – Special Services overview with Administrators and Board of Ed members
- January 23 – Pre K & Elementary families
- February 27 – Secondary families
- March 27 – Out of District families
- April 24 – IEP workshop
- May 22 – Taking Care of Yourself as a Parent, followed by joint general meeting SPED PTO and SEPAC