- Black History MonthA message from our principal, Mrs. Glander, and vice-principal, Ms. Murphy: “Happy February and Black History Month! This month we will be celebrating the contributions and rich history of Black People. While February is a month to specifically celebrate these contributions and achievements, we believe that an inclusive and accurate educational experience includes the histories […]
- Black History Month in MusicIn celebration of Black History Month, Ms. Van Doornik, our music teacher, re-introduced students to Seth Boyden’s unofficial school song, “Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing.” Click here for the rendition from Kirk Franklin that Ms. Van Doornik shared with her classes, which was followed by the students singing it themselves. Ask your child to sing […]
- Seth Boyden Mobilizes for MonitorsWhen our teachers Mrs. Donna Friedrich and Mrs. Maureen Davenport learned that our teachers didn’t have a second monitor to do hybrid teaching in the classroom and see all their virtual students at once, they put out the call for help. The Seth Boyden PTA helped spread the word and class captains, parents, friends, family, and […]
- Mr. Hein Talks BaseballAn interview (by Mrs. Tuohy, Seth Boyden Garden Teacher) with Mr Hein, 4th grade teacher at Seth Boyden School, about the South Orange Maplewood Rec Baseball Program. Hello Mr. Hein. Thank you for speaking with me about the South Orange Maplewood Recreation Baseball Program. I’d love to hear more about it and share what I […]
- Celebrate MLK Day with a Nature’s CakeFrom Seth Boyden Garden Teacher Mrs. Tuohy: Make a batch of homemade playdough (recipe below). Gather beautiful objects from nature. Decorate the play dough with the natural objects while reflecting on and celebrating the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Simple homemade play dough recipe: Ingredients 2 cups flour 3/4 cup salt […]
Make a No-Frills Donation
The easiest way to support Seth Boyden is to make a donation through PayPal. No amount is too small! Recurring gifts are especially appreciated!