A hearty hello to all of you with students starting at Seth Boyden this year! Whether you are new to our school and community, or veterans, we hope you’ve had a wonderful summer and are looking forward to the start of a great new school year.
A few things that we wanted to share with you before the first day of school:
* We hope that most of you have already joined our school e-loop. While it is not our only method of communication, it is one of the primary ones. Please go to our yahoogroup page and click on “Join this group” at the right of the screen.
* If you haven’t yet, please bookmark this new web site or make it your homepage. We plan to keep the site regularly updated with news and information. There is some helpful info for new families – take a look! If you haven’t seen them yet, the preliminary school supply lists are available from the site.
* Please plan to join us at the kindergarten/new student picnic on Thurs, 9/1 at 6:30pm in the playground area. Bring some dinner for your family, Mr. Quiles will provide the popsicles! Kindergarteners will be able to meet their teachers and see their classrooms.
* After you drop off your child(ren) on the first day of school, please don’t rush off! Join us in the cafeteria for a cup of coffee, have some breakfast, and meet other parents!
* New parent, Heather Puglisi, has generously taken up the charge of coordinating a kindergarten playdate! Here’s her invitation:
Come join us for an informal playdate for all incoming Kindergarteners on Wednesday, August 17th at Maplecrest Park Playground at 4:00 PM. If you can’t make it but would like to meet another time, contact Heather Puglisi Inserro (mom to Max Inserro) at 862-216-8559 or [email protected].
There will likely be another playdate scheduled for any families who can make this one. Stay tuned!
We look forward to seeing you all soon! Please let me know if you have any questions, thoughts, suggestions, etc.! We welcome your input and participation!