The Achieve Foundation is thrilled to award grants to educators across the district this October for 36 projects totaling $43,623! Winning grants included professional development programs, technology equipment, electronic and physical books, and other educational materials.
Last week, Achieve presented checks to these amazing Seth Boyden teachers:
• Maggie Tuohy for “From Garbage to Garden”
• Shella Mesidor-Villard for “Equity Institute: Advancing Racial Equity in Education Workshop”
• Dianne Canzonieri and Elana Ris for “Magnificent Mathematicians”
• Marissa DeMartino for “Fun with Phonics”
• Sarah Haldeman for “Multicultural Literature for Social Emotional Learning and Anti-Bias Discourse”
• Susan Brody for “Book Clubs Need Better Books”
• Sarah Fakhoury and Jesse Hein for “Let’s Talk About Race”
• Erica Dulny for “High Interest, Low Level Books”
• Erica Dulny for “Serious About Series!”
• Janine Poutre and Catherine Campbell (So. Mountain) for “Audible Battle of the Books”
Congratulations to these educators for receiving over $9,315 in funding for our students this fall!
Achieve board president Christine Houseworth (far left) and grants committee co-chair Hilary Jones-Danziger (far right) presented checks to Seth Boyden educators: Dianne Korte Canzonieri, Shella Mesidor-Villard, Sarah Haldeman, and Janine Guida Poutre.