From Seth Boyden Garden Teacher Ms. Tuohy:
Yummy treats for our winter bird friends!
- Mix unflavored gelatin with boiling water.
- Use 2 or 3 tablespoons of gelatin to a cup of water, stir until dissolved.
- Stir in birdseed until the liquid is mixed through and the birdseed is wet but not in a puddle.
- Place the mixture inside a greased cookie cutter or muffin tin.
- Place a straw in each seed cookie to create the hole for hanging the seed cookie.
- Let chill for a few hours before releasing the cookies from the molds.
- Hang on trees for feathered friends to enjoy!
Read The Snow Tree by Caroline Repchuk to find how other creatures have brought color and gifts to the winter whiteness.
For more information, visit One Little Project – Bird Seed Ornaments.
Fill an aluminum pan with snow. Using items from home, build a scene and tell a story. Add paint or food coloring if you wish.
Visit our Seth Boyden Garden to see who has been checking on the garden and missing us!