October 8, 2021
SETH BOYDEN PTA STATEMENT ON ALLEGED RELIGIOUS BIAS INCIDENT
The Seth Boyden Parent Teacher Association believes that our schools should be inclusive spaces for learning and growth. Students should never face discrimination. We stand in solidarity with the student who was allegedly asked to remove her hijab, and support her family.
While this incident is being investigated by the school administration and the school district, we will support and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure that our school community remains a place of acceptance, belonging, and learning for all individuals.
2021-22 PTA Board Members
A Statement from Carey Smith, State of NJPTA, Region V Director
The State of New Jersey PTA, and National PTA stands firmly against racism in all forms and the culture of oppression that permeates the United States.
Continued respect for, and expansion of civil rights requires they be defended whenever threatened and that children and youth be taught the significance of civil rights and responsibilities in American Culture.
We support – Prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, gender, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, national origin, language, religion, age, physical and academic ability, and sexual orientation
While this incident is being investigated by the school administration, school district, and the local authorities, we will support and collaborate with staff and administration to ensure that our school community remains a place of acceptance, belonging, and learning for all individuals.
As an association that represents all children, we must listen, educate and advocate beyond rhetoric and rise to correct all inequities and injustices.
- President: Nadine Hart firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President of Diversity and Equity: Jasmine Lewis email@example.com
- Vice President of Community Engagement: Jen Warren firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President of Happiness: Anna Dunbar email@example.com
- Vice President of In-School Initiatives: Allyson Murphy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recording Secretary: Mandy Tenner email@example.com
- Correspondence Secretary: Katie Tichacek firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Sabena Khan email@example.com