Category: Variety Show
The annual Seth Boyden Variety Show is coming up on March 9, and auditions start next week. Here are the important details for student performers and parent volunteers! Send questions to Kelly Heinze at [email protected]
- Adult Helpers for Rehearsals: One volunteer need Feb. 27 and Feb. 28 from 1-3pm.
- Adult Helpers for Dress Rehearsal and the Show: Three volunteers needed, one backstage and two taking kids from the audience to the stage. Dress rehearsal March 7, 3:30-6:30pm; show March 9, 6:30pm-?
- And Alison Poe could really use some help as the PTA coordinator! Please consider donating your time for other vital jobs, including selling concessions at the show. Email [email protected]sethboyden.com to volunteer.
Auditions in the Auditorium
- Last names A-N, emcees, stage crew, Tues., Feb. 12, 3:30-5, auditorium
- Last names O-Z, Thurs., Feb. 14, 3:30-5 pm, auditorium
Mandatory rehearsals in Auditorium
- K to 2nd grade, Wed., Feb. 27 (half day), 1-2:30 pm
- 3rd to 5th-grade, Thurs., Feb. 28 (half day), 1-2:30 pm
- Dress Rehearsal: Thursday, March 7, 3:30-6:30 pm, auditorium
- Saturday, March 9, time TBA depending on # of acts
Kelly Heinze is looking for responsible 4th and 5th Grade students to volunteer for the Variety Show. She needs 4 students for the stage crew, and 2-4 students to serve as emcees.
These students must be available on April 19 from 3:30-6:30pm for the dress rehearsal, and on April 21 from 6:30-9pm for the show. Interested students should see Kelly for a brief “interview” during the April 4 or April 5 rehearsals in the auditorium after school.
Kelly is also looking for parent volunteers, including a stage manager to work with the crew and “herders” to assist students from the audience to back stage.
If you’re interested in any of these spots, please email Kelly at [email protected] ASAP!
Would you like to sing, dance, or act on a stage? Do you play an instrument or have a special talent to share?
We know you do! So, brush up on your talents, make some plans with your friends, and get ready for the Seth Boyden Variety Show!
Here are some important dates to mark on your calendars. You can choose your audition time slot by filling out this form or signing up on SignUpGenius.
Auditions (in the AUDITORIUM):
March 13 (names A-M), 3:30-5:30PM
March 14 (names N-Z), 3:30-5:30PM
Rehearsals (sign up for time at auditions):
April 4, 3:30-5:30PM
April 5, 3:30-5:30PM
April 19, 3:30-6:30PM DRESS REHEARSAL
The show will be April 21 at 7PM (time subject to change based on number of participants).
Each student who auditions is required to fill out a permission slip and act information form with adult signature; you can indicate your time preference on the form or on SignUpGenius.
Note: The Variety Show committee and school administration have the right to deem any act inappropriate.
This year’s Variety Show at Seth Boyden, held on May 13, brought together a series of original fifth-grade skits with acts by students in the younger grades. The title of the show, aptly, was “Unity.”
The event was the culmination of the ten-week Fifth Grade Performance Project, a labor of love for veteran director and Seth Boyden alumni parent Kelly Heinze. Read Alison Poe’s complete story